About the role
Each month, millions of consumers track their shipments through our product. When they buy something online, they want clear and transparent information on where their order is. Ecommerce retailers rely on us to help give their customers proactive communication about their shipments, but they also leverage our platform to tell their brand story and mission when customers are most excited and eager to listen.
At Malomo, you'll work with a variety of technologies to help build and enhance our shipment tracking platform.
What you'll do
- Work across the stack with a focus on backend development
- Build solutions that take into consideration issues of scaling and growth
- Create code that is robust for long term expansion and use
- Collaborate with product, design and broader engineering team on features and functionality
- Evaluate product launch related use cases from a technical perspective
- Join in system design conversations with partners in product and engineering to build solutions for our services
- Participate in team meetings covering release and build roadmaps and be an active voice in the discussion
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Adept at working across the tech stack
- Experience with or interest in learning functional programming (ex. Elixir), SQL databases (ex. Postgres), front-end frameworks (ex. React), server administration (ex. Docker), container orchestration platforms (ex. Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, Cloudify, etc.)
- Work from where you're most productive (home, office*, beach, etc :)
- Competitive salary + equity
- Paid parental leave
- Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- A team who cares about leveling you up
* Although we have an office in downtown Indianapolis, we've instituted a WFH policy until SIP orders have lifted and we deem it safe to work in an office environment.