The post-purchase experience is your last chance to make a great impression on your customers. If you do it right, you'll leave them feeling happy and satisfied, which will increase the chances of them doing business with you again.
But if you do it wrong, you'll risk turning them off and losing their business forever.
So how can you make sure you get the post-purchase experience right? Here are a few tips:
- Communicate shipping information clearly and concisely.
- Brand your shipping emails to reinforce your brand identity.
- Create an FAQ section to answer customer questions about delivery.
Learn more about how to implement these steps below and level up your post purchase experience.
Communicate shipping information clearly and concisely
Here are a few tips for communicating shipping information clearly and concisely on an ecommerce website:
- Use clear and concise language. Avoid using jargon or technical terms that your customers may not understand.
- Use visuals. A visual representation of the shipping process, such as a flowchart or a timeline, can help customers understand the process better.
- Place shipping information in a prominent location. Customers should be able to find the shipping information easily, without having to search for it.
- Keep shipping information up-to-date. If there are any changes to the shipping process, make sure to update the shipping information on your website as soon as possible.
- Use a consistent format for displaying shipping information. This will make it easier for customers to find the information they need.
- Use clear and concise icons or symbols to represent different shipping methods. This will help customers to quickly understand their options.
- Provide clear and concise instructions on how to track orders. This will help customers to stay up-to-date on the status of their orders.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your customers have a positive experience with the shipping process for your ecommerce website. This will help to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Brand your shipping emails to reinforce your brand identity
Branding your shipping emails is a great way to reinforce your brand identity and keep your customers engaged. By using your brand's colors, fonts, and imagery, you can create a shipping email that feels consistent with the rest of your marketing materials.
Here are a few tips for branding your shipping emails:
- Use your brand's colors and fonts. This will help to create a cohesive look and feel for your shipping emails.
- Include your brand's logo. This will help to remind customers of your brand and keep them engaged.
- Use your brand's imagery. This could include photos of your products, your company's headquarters, or even just some simple illustrations.
- Write in your brand's voice. This means using the same tone and style of writing that you use in your other marketing materials.
- Personalize your emails. This could include using the customer's name or referring to their recent purchase.
- Include a call to action. Tell customers what you want them to do, such as track their order or leave a review.
- Make sure your shipping emails are mobile-friendly. More and more people are reading emails on their phones, so it's important to make sure your shipping emails look good on mobile devices.
By following these tips, you can create shipping emails that are both branded and engaging. This will help to improve the customer experience and increase brand loyalty. Malomo is always here to share more information about post purchase notifications leveraging email and SMS. Check out our shipping notification swipe file too!
Create an FAQ section to answer customer questions about delivery
An FAQ section is a great way to answer common customer questions about delivery. By providing clear and concise answers to these questions, you can help customers to understand the shipping process and avoid any confusion.
Here are a few tips for creating an FAQ section to answer customer questions about delivery:
- Start by brainstorming a list of common customer questions. This can be done by looking at your customer support tickets or by simply asking your customers what they would like to know about delivery.
- Organize your FAQ section in a logical way. This will make it easy for customers to find the information they need.
- Use keywords throughout your FAQ section. This will help customers to find your FAQ section when they are searching for information on your website.
- Keep your FAQ section up-to-date. As your shipping process changes, make sure to update your FAQ section accordingly.
By following these tips, you can create an FAQ section that is informative, helpful, and visually appealing. For a comprehensive list of FAQs to consider adding to your site, check out this blog post by Malomo's founder.
Other ways to improve the post-purchase experience
As an ecommerce company, it is important to be responsive to customer inquiries during the shipping and delivery process. This means answering customer questions promptly and providing clear and concise information. If a customer has a problem with their order, it is important to go the extra mile to make things right. In the heat of running a brand it can be easy to forget the basics but if you show people you care, they will feel it.
Here are some specific things you can do to be responsive to customer inquiries and go the extra mile to make things right:
- Set clear expectations. Let customers know when their order will ship and when they can expect to receive it. This will help to manage expectations and reduce the number of inquiries you receive.
- Be proactive. Don't wait for customers to contact you if there is a problem with their order. Reach out to them proactively and offer to help. A proactive email and SMS strategy for order tracking can cut support tickets in half!
- Be empathetic. Understand that customers are often frustrated when their orders are delayed or lost. Be empathetic and do your best to resolve the issue quickly. You can take this to the next level by leveraging technology to ID problematic or delayed orders so you can get to customers before they are frustrated.
- Offer solutions. Don't just apologize for the problem. Offer solutions to the customer and make sure they are satisfied with the outcome.
- Use a variety of channels to communicate with customers. This could include email, phone, live chat, or social media.
- Keep your customers updated on the status of their order. This will help to reduce anxiety and keep them informed. Implementing a branded order tracking solution makes this incredibly easy.
Malomo is helping top Shopify brands take their post purchase experience to the next level with branded order tracking. Schedule a demo today!