Overview: In this role your core responsibility is to design the Malomo product! You will work with our founders and engineering team to design products and experiences that help our ecommerce clients delight their customers.
What you'll do:
- Leverage design thinking principles to create digital product experiences.
- Create and lead other team members through storyboards, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate ideas.
- Develop scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs.
- Work hand in hand with product, engineering, and other members of the design team to define requirements, identify user needs, and translate those needs into concept designs.
- Communicate product vision and strategy visually to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Establish style guides, interaction pattern libraries, and work with developers to execute designs.
- Participate in regular design reviews.
- Stay abreast of prevailing design standards, principles, and trends.
- Test and validate that your designs solve customer problems.
- Incorporate user research findings into designs, and assist in the collection of user research data.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 2-4 years experience in a product design role
- A strong understanding of design fundamentals.
- Experience designing beautiful, interactive, user-centric products across web and mobile devices.
- A portfolio demonstrating design approach and outstanding visual communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate a high degree of empathy and attention to detail
- Must be proactive, a problem-solver, driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic
Benefits of Working at Malomo:
- Work from where you’re most productive
- Competitive compensation package
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthcare & Wellness stipend
- 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Access to a generous cultural engagement budget
- A team who cares about your professional development